Claudia C. Peterson is Reference and Instruction Librarian at Penn State Fayette in Lemont Furnace, Pennsylvania. Claudia has been an ACRL member since 2013 and is your ACRL member of the week for November 17, 2014.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Flexible, collaborative and curious.
2. What are you currently reading (or listening to on your mobile device)?Amor en los Tiempos del Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Innovative, forward-thinking, dynamic.
4. What do you value about ACRL? It’s devotion to academic libraries through the research direction it takes.
5. What do you as an academic librarian contribute to your campus? As a reference and instruction librarian at a small campus, I am a daily part in the lives of students. I especially contribute to their learning and discovery by making the library and its resources available at every step of their education.
6. In your own words: I feel that my career as an academic librarian has introduced me to valuable and very rewarding experiences in the classroom and outside the classroom.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.