Editor’s Note: The ACRL Member of the Week feature is taking a brief hiatus so we can profile the 2013 ACRL Board of Directors candidates. We’ll feature one candidate each weekday from March 7 — 18. Complete details on candidates for ACRL offices are available on the election website. Make sure to vote for the candidates of your choice starting March 19. Member of the Week will return on March 25.
Bradford Lee Eden is Dean of Library Services at the Valparaiso University Christopher Center for Library and Information Resources in Valparaiso, Indiana. Bradford has been an ACRL member since 1994 and is a 2013 candidate for the ACRL Board of Directors as Director-at-Large.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Innovative and change agent.
2. What are you reading right now? Medieval historical novels and J.R.R. Tolkien research.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Academic libraries and advocate.
4. Why do you value most about ACRL? Its professional support for librarians working in college and research libraries.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? Support for the information and research endeavors and needs of faculty, students, administrators, and staff
6. In your own words: It is an exciting time to be an academic librarian: open access, digitizing and providing access to unique resources, informing our users about copyright and author rights in the digital environment, re-purposing collections and library spaces, integrating existing and new services into the educational experience.