1. Describe yourself in three words: Curious, open, undaunted.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Research, colleagues, connection.
4. Why did you join ACRL? I love being a librarian at an academic library and thought ACRL would help me keep up with changes and broaden my knowledge about academic librarianship. As an added bonus, I get my own copies of C&RL News and College & Research Libraries.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? Being at a place where knowledge is sought and created and helping both budding and veteran researchers. Also the fact that you always learn something new every day.
6. In your own words: Now is one of the best times to be a librarian. Everything about academic/research libraries is changing, and librarians are striving to make a difference in the future of libraries and possibly the future of how knowledge and information will be disseminated and made available to the public. The discussions and arguments on a wide range of topics currently taking place in the library community are truly fascinating.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.