Want to know what is happening in ACRL and its sections, interest groups, and discussion groups? Check out ACRL Insider every other Friday to keep up-to-date on activities from around the association.
- The History Librarians Interest Group will be holding a social event at ALA Midwinter on Saturday, January 25th from 5:00-7:00 pm at Strangelove’s, 216 S 11th St, Philadelphia. Anyone interested in history librarianship is welcome to attend!
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (RBMS) is currently accepting scholarship applications for RBMS 2020: Power, Resistance, and Leadership to be held at Indiana University in Bloomington, IN from June 23-26, 2020. The deadline to apply for scholarships is January 10, 2020. Please note that eligibility requirements have changed, and awards are available for first-time attendees and returning attendees.
- The Distance Learning Section will be hosting a Virtual Midwinter Town Hall Meeting on January 22nd at 2:00 pm Eastern. Please join us for some exciting section updates, a sneak peek of upcoming events, information about volunteering, and most importantly, an open question and answer session with DLS leadership where you can get your burning questions answered live!
- Please join us for the Science and Technology Section Hot Topics Midwinter Virtual Discussion on Research Metrics on January 14 from 1:00 -2:00 pm! Over the years, multiple research metrics have been developed to assess the quality of scholarship produced. However, with so many metrics available, it is often difficult to navigate research assessment. Please join us to learn more about the changing research metrics landscape and how libraries can better engage with the broader academic community.
- If you missed the Access Services Interest Group presentation on better serving our library patrons experiencing homelessness and trauma, you can check it out below!