Want to know what is happening in ACRL and its sections, interest groups, and discussion groups? Check out ACRL Insider every other Friday to keep up-to-date on activities from around the association.
- Submit your story about a (good or less good) change in an academic library for a new ACRL open workbook on change leadership, coming in spring 2020.
- The Leadership Discussion Group will host a discussion forum at ALA Midwinter featuring a panel of librarians to explore the transitions, thoughts and expectations of transitioning from a support staff to a librarian role, particularly from the experiences of people of color on Saturday January 25 from 4:00-5:00 pm eastern in Philadelphia Convention Center PCC Room 121-B. All are welcome to attend!
- Join the Access Services Interest Group for a webinar December 11 at 1:00 pm that will focus on working with library patrons experiencing homelessness and traumatic experiences. We will examine the linkage between homelessness and trauma, provide an overview of the impact of trauma, and explore how trauma-informed approaches can be implemented in a library setting.
- Give feedback on the Literatures in English Section Research Competencies in Writing and Literature Working Group new research competency guidelines document in this webinar, to be held December 10 at 1:00 pm.
- If you missed the University Libraries Section Technology in University Libraries Committee discussion forum on the applications and implications of AI in academic libraries, you can check it out below.