Want to know what is happening in ACRL and its sections, interest groups, and discussion groups? Check out ACRL Insider every other Friday to keep up-to-date on activities from around the association.
- Prepare for Open Access Week, October 21-27, 2019! This year’s theme, “Open for Whom? Equity in Open Knowledge,” builds on the groundwork laid during last year’s focus of “Designing Equitable Foundations for Open Knowledge.” As part of the week-long celebration, ACRL will be hosting the free webcast, “Open for Students and Educators: Open Educational Resources Level the Playing Field” on Tuesday, October 22. Register today!
- Nominations are now open for the 2020 ACRL Awards Program. Many ACRL sections sponsor awards recognizing the significant achievements and contributions of their members. More information can be found in the awards section of the ACRL website. The nomination deadline for most awards is December 6, 2019.
- The Access Services Interest Group will host it’s 2019 Fall Virtual Forum: Mental health & safety at your workplace on October 16. Get connected with your peers and learn about how front line staff should address mental health issues and other crisis management issues that arise from patrons to co-workers at their libraries.
- Interested in distance learning or need to keep up with what’s new in online instruction? Read the quarterly Distance Learning Section’s Top 5 Articles!
- On November 6, the Leadership Discussion Group is hosting a webinar on “Library Leadership Programs: A Conversation.” In this free webinar, three panelists will share their experiences in the three library leadership programs: ALA Leadership Institute, Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians at Harvard, and UCLA Library Senior Fellows.
- The call for proposals for the Rare Books and Manuscripts Section 2020 conference is now open! Submissions will be accepted through November 3rd. Theme: Power, Resistance, & Leadership.
Interested in highlighting your ACRL community’s activities? Contact Gena Parsons-Diamond at email@example.com for more information.