As ALA looks to the future, there are multiple opportunities to give your feedback on association initiatives at the 2019 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Seattle.
Over the past two years, ALA has conducted research into attitudes regarding the Midwinter Meeting. The ALA Conference Committee has scheduled several opportunities to gather feedback on the future of Midwinter at this year’s ALA Midwinter Meeting in Seattle. There are three opportunities at Conference to have discussion, provide input and ask questions.
- ALA Conference Committee Meeting: Saturday, January 26, 2019 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Washington State Convention Center, Room 3B
- Town Hall Meeting on Midwinter—Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 10:30-11:30 am at the Sheraton Seattle, Cedar Room
- Town Hall Meeting on Midwinter—Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 4:00-5:00 pm at the Sheraton Seattle, Cedar Room
The ALA Conference Committee will also make information on the future of Midwinter available in ALA Connect.
Additionally, the ALA Steering Committee on Organizational Effectiveness invites all members to provide feedback on potential models for organizing ALA in the future. These will be one hour conversations led by the Steering Committee and our consultants from Tecker International. All participants will have an opportunity to provide their valuable and welcome feedback on the future of ALA.
An hour-long ACRL specific discussion will take place on Monday, January 28, 2019, from 4:00 – 5:00 pm in Sheraton Seattle, Cedar Room.
Opportunities for all members to participate in a large conversation will take place in Sheraton Seattle, Cedar Room:
- Saturday, January 26, 2019: 10:30 – 11:30 am
- Sunday, January 27, 2019: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Monday, January 28, 2019: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Opportunities to hear a brief, general update on the Steering Committee’s work and the future of ALA will take place:
- Saturday, January 26, 2019: 3:00 – 4:30 pm at the ALA Membership Information Session in the Sheraton Grand Ballroom
- Sunday, January 27, 2019: 9:00 – 10:30 am at Council I in Sheraton Grand Ballroom
- Sunday, January 27, 2019: 1:00 – 2:30 pm at the Planning and Budget Assembly meeting in Sheraton Metropolitan A