Resources for College Libraries (RCL), the bibliography of essential titles for academic libraries, is announcing editorial openings. RCL is a continuously-updated, peer-reviewed core collection that includes over 85,000 resources in 72 curriculum-specific subject areas. RCL is currently seeking subject specialists for the following disciplines:
- Asian History, Languages, and Literatures
Biology Criminal Justice and Law (two-year programs)
- Graphic and Apparel Arts (two-year programs)
- Spanish and Portuguese Languages and Literatures
Technology and Engineering Visual Arts
Subject editors oversee the ongoing development of the discipline, with responsibilities including:
- Selecting new title additions, including select web resources.
- Updating, reviewing, and weeding current selections.
- Maintaining and refining the subject taxonomy.
- Integrating advancements in disciplinary research, teaching, and scholarship.
Successful subject editors balance broad and deep subject expertise, familiarity with the undergraduate curriculum, and discerning judgment to oversee the core bibliography of current and canonical works for academic libraries. This role involves a time commitment of approximately 30 hours/year, with flexible deadlines and remote workflow. This is a professional research service opportunity; subject editors also receive an honorarium for annual service.
Interested applicants should submit a CV, along with a brief description of experience managing subject collections, to RCL Project Editor Anne Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.