1. Describe yourself in three words: Professional, inspiration, and respect.
2. What are you reading (or listening to on your mobile device)? Currently reading, Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones, and 100 Things Padres Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die by Kirk Kenney. Listening to Adele, David Gilmour, David Sanborn, and Dave Koz.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Organization, representation, opportunities.
4. What do you value about ACRL? The numerous in-person and virtual opportunities to be engaged with other academic librarians and issues.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? Integrating information literacy with the curriculum and providing holistic academic perspectives in a participatory governance environment.
6. In your own words: I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy being an academic librarian. The opportunity to engage, enlighten, and even encourage individuals to pursue the completion of their higher education goals is paramount to my contentment as a professional. As the dissemination of information continues to evolve in our profession, we as academic librarians will remain vital to the success of students and the academy.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.