1. Describe yourself in three words: Curious, unflappable, and empathetic.
2. What are you reading (or listening to on your mobile device)? Reading: Charles Bukowski’s On Writing and short story anthologies/travel writing. Listening: Sufjan Stevens, Ryan Adams Pandora Station, Bohren & Der Club of Gore Pandora Station, and Kamasi Washington.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Supportive, empowering, and inspiring.
4. What do you value about ACRL? I appreciate the educational opportunities and support at ACRL Conferences and throughout the year.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? Continually promote library resources and instruction to faculty. Help students with research assignments at the Research Help desk and embedded in the online classroom as well as face-to-face. Being involved in my Colorado Chapter Association as the current president, I hope we can bring educational opportunities for academic librarians across the state in order to take back to their institutions.
6. In your own words: The opportunity to learn something new every day while sharing with our community of users the benefits of exploring these new ideas and resources motivates and inspires me.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.