1. Describe yourself in three words: Curious, humorous, adventurous.
2. What are you reading (or listening to on your mobile device)? I have Linked Data for Libraries, Archives, and Museums by Seth van Hooland and Ruben Verborgh, and the latest issue of Vogue on my bedroom table.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Energy, possibility, opportunity.
4. What do you value about ACRL? ACRL membership boosts my energy and confidence at work. It also gives me the opportunity to learn, expand my horizons, and network with experts in my field.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? I catalog Japanese materials for our libraries.
6. In your own words: There is a lot of writing in my current position. This writing includes project reports, meeting minutes, and proposals. Interestingly, writing is now more a part of my daily life than when I was taking classes in English as a Second Language! The difference now is that my husband, my boss, and my colleagues are my English teachers!
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.