At its Fall Board Meeting on October 23, 2015, the ACRL Board of Directors approved the ACRL Libraries Transform Task Force to support the new ALA advocacy campaign. ACRL President Ann Campion Riley invites you to volunteer to serve on this newly created task force. Please see the following charge, tasks and timeline:
Charge: To develop messages and resources that will address the needs of academic and research libraries using the new ALA campaign, Libraries Transform.
- To develop and suggest to ALA new “Because” statements for the campaign.
- To develop resources that ALA can use on its campaign website, e.g., suggest individuals for interview, libraries to spotlight.
- To review the Academic and Research Libraries marketing materials developed for the ALA @ Your Library Campaign and revise/update or recommend removal from the website as needed.
Dates interim reports are due:
- 2016 ALA Annual Conference (new “Because” statements can be suggested prior to a report).
- 2017 ALA Midwinter Meeting.
- If there are new resources developed, they should be available at the ACRL 2017 Conference.
Date final report is due: 2017 ALA Annual Conference.
The deadline to volunteer for the ACRL Libraries Transform Task Force is December 15, 2015. If you wish to be considered for appointment, complete the volunteer form on the ACRL website.
Note: Due to the timeline of this task force, the process is separate from the annual division-level and section appointments. Information on those appointments will be posted in December.