Greg Carr is Undergraduate Learning Librarian at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas. Greg has been an ACRL member since 2013 and is your ACRL member of the week for August 24, 2015.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Passionate, funny, and realistic.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Motivating, colleagues, essential.
4. What do you value about ACRL? The opportunities that have been provided for me to engage with my field and colleagues in many important ways. Everything I do, teaching, research and service, have all been improved by my interactions with ACRL.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? In addition to a lot of time in the classroom, I assist professors with improving the design of their research assignments. I also coordinate the library instruction for the STEM and Urban Affairs first year seminars.
6. In your own words: Right now is an amazing time to be in this quickly evolving field. There are as many definitions of librarian as there are librarians.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.