ACRL Insider Mission Statement
The mission of the ACRL Insider Weblog is to keep members current and informed on the activities, services, and programs of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), including publications, events, conferences, and eLearning opportunities.
ACRL Insider Goals
- Promote the initiatives of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL).
- Provide an online connection between ACRL members and staff.
- Promote professional development of academic librarians.
- Provide a RSS Feed for ACRL press releases and other official announcements.
What about ACRLog?
The mission statement of ACRLog states that it focuses on “the issues of the day in the field of academic and research librarianship”. While ACRLog continues to address these relevant and timely issues, ACRL Insider focuses on communicating information about the association to members and the wider academic library community. The blogs work in tandem to provide a big picture view of the association and academic librarianship.
Contact David Free at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or technical issues related to ACRL Insider.
ACRL Insider Comment Guidelines
ACRL Insider, along with disseminating information, also provides a communicative and collaborative environment for its readers, while protecting every reader’s freedom of speech. For this reason, each post will allow comment feature. Acceptable comments include:
- Feedback on the content of a specific post (and not a specific individual, implied or otherwise).
- Links and comments related to the content of the post.
Comments that justify deletion include:
- Commentary that is in no way related to the specific post.
- Commentary that may constitute libel and slander (according to ALA definitions).
Note: Due to ALA’s tax exemption as a 501(c)(3), ALA resources cannot be used to support or oppose any candidate for public office. Nor can they be used to link to other sites that contain such support or opposition. Neither can ALA’s resources be used to suggest or support boycotts or to make defamatory remarks.
ACRL grants limited, non-exclusive license and permission to copy, distribute, transmit and use individual podcasts of the ACRL Podcasts (the “Work”) for your personal purposes so long as you do not make any commercial use of the Work, you do not use the Work in such a manner as to imply that ACRL or the author of the Work endorses you or your use of the Work, you provide attribution to ACRL and ACRL Podcasts for any use, copies or distribution of the Work made by you. You may not use or copy the entire publication or whole content of ACRL Podcasts for any purpose whatsoever. You may modify or make derivative works of the Work or use it to create a compilation or other Work for non commercial use with attribution. All rights not specifically granted herein are reserved to ACRL.