The Women’s Studies Section awards are given annually to honor distinguished academic librarians who have made outstanding contributions to women’s studies through accomplishments and service to the profession. The awards recognize those who have made long-standing contributions to the field during a career (the Career Achievement award) and those who have made significant one-time contributions (the Significant Achievement award).
Two cash awards of $1,000 each:
- ACRL WSS Award for Career Achievement in Women’s Studies Librarianship sponsored by Greenwood Publishing Group
- ACRL WSS Award for Significant Achievement in Women’s Studies Librarianship sponsored by Routledge Press (Award suspended for 2010 due to withdrawal by sponsor)
Eligibility & Criteria:
The ACRL Women’s Studies Section Award for Career Achievement in Women’s Studies Librarianship, sponsored by Greenwood Publishing, Inc., is designed to honor individual career achievement in Women’s Studies Librarianship. Nominees should have demonstrated significant achievements and contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Service within the organized profession through ACRL/WSS and/or related organizations;
- Academic/research library service in the area of women’s studies;
- Research and publication in areas of academic/research library services in women’s studies;
- Planning and implementation of academic/research library programs in women’s studies disciplines of such exemplary quality that they could serve as a model for others.
Nomination form for WSS Award in Career Achievement in Women’s Studies Librarianship
The ACRL Women’s Studies Section Award for Significant Achievement in Women’s Studies Librarianship, sponsored by Routledge Press, recognizes one-time achievement, by an individual or a group, during the particular year of the award. Achievement may be in any area of academic Women Studies Librarianship, including, but not limited to:
- Publication of a monograph, journal article, website or media product;
- Talk or other presentation at a nationally recognized conference;
- Innovations in Women’s Studies librarianship, including but not limited to instruction;
- Development of an exemplary program, collection, digitization project, or access tool to serve Women’s Studies students and/or faculty;
- Significant creative & innovative contribution to the work of the ACRL Women’s Studies Section.
Nomination form for WSS Award for Significant Achievement in Women’s Studies Librarianship (Award suspended for 2010 due to withdrawal by sponsor)
Submissions must be made on the appropriate nomination form (available from the links above). In addition, please submit a nominating letter addressing specific area(s) or criteria and citing concrete examples. The nominations packet must include 3 letters of support. Send your nominations packet to the attention of:
1262 Barry Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Submissions may initially be sent electronically via e-mail.
If you have questions or require assistance in completing a nomination packet, please contact Megan Griffin, ACRL Awards Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Deadline: Deadline extended to January 6, 2010.
Date of Establishment: 1999