ULS Mid-Level Managers Discussion Group: Call for Proposals (2015 ALA annual)
The charge of the ACRL-ULS Mid-Level Managers Discussion Group is “to provide a forum for discussion and presentations on current topics of interest to mid-level managers in academic libraries”. Prior topics of the Mid-Level Managers Discussion Group meetings at ALA Midwinter and Annual have focused on reorganization, change management, strategic planning, and time management.
To submit a proposal, please include the following:
- a cover page with the presenter’s name, title, institution, and email address
- a second page with the following:
- summary of proposed presentation (maximum 500 words)
- description of how you will lead the discussion and engage the attendees
- 2-3 learning outcomes that specify what participants will be able to do as a result of the presentation
Submissions should be sent to Brenna Helmstutler, Convener, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 22 at 5pm EDT. The group members will use a blind review process to select the presenter, who will be notified by April 30. The Mid-Level Managers Discussion Group will meet on Sunday, June 28, 2015 from 1:00-2:30.
(photo credit: Sebastiaan ter Burg)