Raise Your Voice: Increasing Diversity and Inclusion by Participating in Scholarly Peer Review
Free online presentation
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Presented on via Zoom
Scholarly publishing needs input from diverse voices to ensure both quality and equity. Let Erin Owens, an experienced peer reviewer for more than 10 LIS journals, show you how scholarly peer review can benefit you, your peers, and the profession as a whole.
You will leave this session
- with a better understanding of the peer review process,
- how participation in peer review can increase diversity and inclusion in our discipline’s scholarship,
- the characteristics of a constructive peer review,
- steps to begin participating as a reviewer, and
- some hands-on practice in thoughtful, respectful, and constructive peer criticism.
This free presentation is sponsored by the ACRL University Libraries Section Professional Development Committee. It will take place on Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 from 1pm to 2pm Central time. Register here: https://ala-events.zoom.us/webinar/register/1f22a415b34800b3cde7dc3c8da9331e
If you can’t make this session but wish to view a recording later, please register so that you’ll receive an email that includes a link to the video of the presentation.
Please direct questions and concerns to Laura Gariepy (email@example.com), Chair of the ACRL ULS Professional Development Committee. A full list of the committee’s past and future programs are available here.