Raise Your Voice: Increasing Diversity and Inclusion by Participating in Scholarly Peer Review [video replay]
Scholarly publishing needs input from diverse voices to ensure both quality and equity. Let Erin Owens, an experienced peer reviewer for more than 10 LIS journals, show you how scholarly peer review can benefit you, your peers, and the profession as a whole.
You will leave this session
- with a better understanding of the peer review process,
- how participation in peer review can increase diversity and inclusion in our discipline’s scholarship,
- the characteristics of a constructive peer review,
- steps to begin participating as a reviewer, and
- some hands-on practice in thoughtful, respectful, and constructive peer criticism.
This free presentation is sponsored by the ACRL University Libraries Section Professional Development Committee.