Academic & Research Libraries IFLA Applications Due May 1
ULS needs to nominate an IFLA ACRL representative for the 2015-2019 session of an IFLA Standing Committees. For ULS we fall in this category: Academic and Research Libraries along with CJCLS, and CLS.
We are soliciting applications from eligible members who would like to represent ALA at IFLA. This is just NOMINATION and those names submitted will be reviewed and chosen by ACRL in June.
- It’s a 4 year commitment.
- Conferences are usually in August
- No funding attached from ALA.
- Guidelines here: http://www.ala.org/acrl/resources/policies/chapter7#7.2.3
- more info:
Summary of the highlights from guidelines:
- Members are nominated and officially endorsed for a four-year term to every IFLA section standing committee at each IFLA election. The new appointments will be for the 2015 — 2019 term. Individuals can only serve on one IFLA committee at a time, and a maximum of two consecutive terms. Any ALA/ACRL member may be suggested for nomination to one of the six IFLA standing committees above. Individual applications for nomination are also acceptable. Current incumbents who are eligible for a second term may apply for continuation.
- Nominees should be experts in the field covered by the section and have a working knowledge of at least one working language of IFLA (English is an IFLA working language), and should have reasonable expectation of attending meetings of the standing committee without cost to IFLA or to ACRL.
- ALA representatives on IFLA section standing committees are required to report to their constituencies on appropriate developments and information originating from their respective committees; these communications may be published in ALA journals or newsletters, or as special reports to ALA members; and transmit a copy of the report(s) to the ALA International Relations Committee.
Candidate applications/nomination suggestions should include & SENT TO BETH (firstname.lastname@example.org) BY May 1:
- Completed application form (attached)
- A resume reflecting expertise in field of the section applied for
- Affirmation that the person can fulfill the working language and travel requirements
Author: Beth Filar Williams, ULS Chair 2013/14