A Day in the Life of a Digital Scholarship Intern (Video Replay)
This presentation by current and former San José State University’s (SJSU) iSchool graduate students who participated in the Digital Scholarship Internship and their mentor will discuss the intern experience, including how students in MLIS programs can augment their studies by participating in virtual internships so that they can explore career options, build hands-on technical skills, and make professional connections. Our hope is that more institutions provide internship opportunities to graduate students who are exploring career options, want to gain valuable new skills, and are interested in expanding professional connections.
- Marina Morgan, Senior Metadata Librarian at Roux Library, Florida Southern College.
- Christopher Paintner, Digital Collections and Thesis Remediation specialist , California State University Chico.
- Viviana Cois, Los Gatos Library
- Lindsay Call, Access Services, Armacost Library, University of Redlands.
- Gabrielle Visco, Student, San Jose State University
- Jamie Wyman, Collection Development Librarian, Rancho Cucamonga Library Services
The session was moderated by Sam Harlow of the ULS Professional Development Committee.