The ACRL Instruction Section is now accepting applications for the Instruction Section (IS) List Administrator position. The IS List Administrator serves a two-year term and is responsible for maintaining the Section’s closed committee discussion lists, under the general direction of the IS Executive Committee and through consultation with the IS Web Site Administrator(s). The List Administrator hosts these lists at his or her home institution. The IS lists are crucial to maintaining communication within the Advisory Council, the Executive Committee, and other IS committees and task forces.
The List Administrator has an appointment as a member of the Communication Committee and, as such, participates in the work of the committee throughout the year.
List Administration responsibilities include:
- Creating lists with closed memberships for the IS Executive Committee and IS Advisory Council, as well as additional closed lists for Instruction Section committees and task forces.
- Maintaining membership of Section lists and acting as list owner for settings and other changes.
- Updating the document Tips for the IS Committee List Administrator as needed.
- Membership in the ACRL Instruction Section.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to communicate effectively through email.
- Commitment to respond quickly to the Section’s needs.
- Institutional computer resources for maintaining the Section’s closed lists.
- Experience with mailing list software or list ownership, or demonstrated ability to learn.
- Knowledge of mailing list software settings and etiquette, or demonstrated ability to learn.
Appointment and term:
The IS Committee List Administrator is a volunteer who serves a two-year term, upon selection by the Executive Committee and appointment by the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect. The IS Communication Committee will make a recommendation for filling the position to the IS Executive Committee, and the appointment begins immediately after the ALA Annual Conference that year.
Please submit a curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter to Kenneth Simon, chair, IS Communication Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of interest should outline experience and knowledge applicable to the position. Any samples of relevant work will also be accepted. The application deadline is Monday, April 29, 2013.