Erica Tyler is Circulation Assistant at the Charlotte School of Law in Charlotte, North Carolina. Erica has been an ACRL member since 2013, is a 2014 ALA Emerging Leader, and your ACRL member of the week for May 27, 2014.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Atypical, adventurous, intellectual.
2. What are you currently reading? I am on a graphic novel kick right now. I am reading 3 right now: Blacksad: A Silent Hell by Juan DÃaz Canales and Juanjo Guarnido; Explorer: The Lost Islands by Kazu Kibishi (I am a big fan of his art!); and Sleeper: Season One by Ed Brubaker.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Essential, innovative, leadership.
4. What do you value about ACRL? I value the focus and commitment that ACRL has towards social science in higher education.
5. What do you contribute to your campus? I work as a Circulation Assistant for Charlotte School of Law. I will graduate with my MLIS in December 2014. My duties include maintaining circulation policies/practices while providing the students and faculty with excellent customer service.
6. In your own words: Education is very important to me. I like to encourage others to achieve their educational goals. The role of the academic/research librarian is essential in aiding students to reach their full potential in the pursuit of higher education.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.