The ACRL-CHOICE webinar program connecting academic and research librarians with a host of content and service providers, publishers and other experts who serve their market is back with an exciting new roster of topics and speakers discussing issues pertinent to today’s academic library landscape.
Launched one year ago, the program was kicked off with an exploration of the library of the future, featuring the University of Washington Information School’s Joe Janes, author of the Rowman & Littlefield title Library 2020. This first webinar for ACRL-CHOICE proved as stimulating as its topic, with over 500 participants attending the program. Following it were popular sessions on topics including navigating the digital landscape, open access, research trends and eBooks in academic libraries, with sponsors including EBSCO, ProQuest, SAGE, Springer and Elsevier. Content providers as well as librarians and other library professionals are enjoying the unique forum the ACRL-CHOICE webinars provide to discuss subjects meaningful in today’s academic library world.
Upcoming ACRL-CHOICE webinars will cover a wide gamut of new topics important to academic libraries. Click on a webinar title for more information and to register:
- Tuesday, April 15, 2 p.m. ET — The Radically Common Phenomena Called Language: How the Human Mind Creates and Acquires It, sponsored by Mango Languages.
- Tuesday, April 22, 2 p.m. ET — Resource Description and Access (RDA): Its Application in Our Current Environment, sponsored by Rowman & Littlefield.
- Tuesday, May 13, 2 p.m. ET — Expert Databases: Explore Key Databases for Your Institution from the Researcher’s Perspective, sponsored by Springer.
- Tuesday, May 20, 2 p.m. ET — The Everyday Importance of STEM: How Learning about Science and Technology Can Promote Success in All Aspects of Our Lives, sponsored by McGraw-Hill.
- Tuesday, July 15, 2 p.m. ET — Introduction to the NEW RoutledgeHandbooks.com, sponsored by Routledge.
ACRL-CHOICE webinars are a unique opportunity for discussion among vendors, publishers, authors, and an unmatched academic library audience of ACRL members and CHOICE users and fans. Structured as 60- minute, live, interactive webinars, the program offers an unprecedented way for libraries to learn about new ideas, developments, and products, and to actively participate in discussions with companies that serve their market. It also allows sponsors to receive unfiltered feedback from the academic library community.
For further information on becoming an ACRL-CHOICE webinar sponsor, please contact Pam Marino at firstname.lastname@example.org.