ACRL Liaisons on the Front Lines: Connections & Collaborations in Higher Education
Join ACRL on Wednesday, November 6, for a virtual forum presenting the work of two ACRL Liaisons, Sarah Wenzel (MLA) and Mandy Swygart-Hobaugh (ASA). Mandy and Sarah will be discussing higher education issues facing the Modern Language Association (MLA) and the American Sociological Association (ASA).
The goals of the forum are:
- Share the experiences of two active, thriving liaisons
- Learn about what liaisons do within their higher education organizations
- Discuss the issues that are on the forefront of higher education organizations.
- Discuss how liaisons can leverage their expertise and knowledge to address these issues to demonstrate the value of academic libraries
- Participate in Q&A time with the liaisons.
The forum will be held from 3:00 to 4:00 pm central on Wednesday, November 6. Registration for this free forum is now available.
Mandy Swygart-Hobaugh is the Librarian for Sociology, Gerontology, and Data Services at Georgia State University. In addition to having an M.L.S. degree, she has a Ph.D. in Sociology.
Sarah G. Wenzel is currently Bibliographer for Literatures of Europe and the Americas at the University of Chicago Library and the first liaison from ACRL to MLA. She has been working in this field since she began as a librarian in 1998, which was also when she joined ACRL and WESS. Joining LES and MLA came later as her responsibilities for literature increased and it became more evident that librarians and faculty can and should join forces.