Member of the Week: J. Hem Lee
1. Describe yourself in three words: Energetic, thoughtful, athletic.
2. What are you reading right now (or listening to on your mobile device)? I am reading Icons of Business: An Encyclopedia of Mavericks, Movers and Shakers.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Modern, useful, important.
4. What do you value about academic of research librarianship? I value the interaction with students, faculty and other staff. I feel privileged to be part of this unique place where information needs are met
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? In addition to helping students with reference questions and the like, I am tasked with creating workshops for helping students improve their computing skills. I also research topics for professors and make sure that they have the reference materials that they need.
6. In your own words: Life as an academic librarian at my institution is never boring. Each day brings unique challenges but I consider these as opportunities for growth.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.