Member of the Week: Stephen Flynn
Stephen Flynn is Emerging Technologies Librarian at the College of Wooster Andrews Library in Wooster, Ohio. Stephen has been an ACRL member since 2009 and is your ACRL member of the week for July 1, 2013.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Resourceful, innovative, excited.
2. What are you reading right now (or listening to on your mobile device)? TWiT (This Week in Tech).
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Sharing ideas professionally.
4. What do you value about ACRL? The ACRL conferences, webinars, email lists, newsletters, and publications all provide powerful platforms for sharing ideas and practices with similarly situated academic librarians.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? Whether it’s Zotero for faculty starting a manuscript, Evernote for students needing to organize their research, or creating the infrastructure necessary to support open access scholarship, I love helping others use technology to make their lives easier.
6. In your own words: There’s so much variety in what academic librarians do, much of which is unknown to the general public. My family and friends are always surprised when I tell them about my work. We should all tell more people about the amazing things we do. We are all hidden heros!
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.