Member of the Week: Paul Kelsey
Paul Kelsey is Head of Acquisitions at the Southeastern Louisiana University Sims Memorial Library in Hammond, Louisiana. Paul has been an ACRL member since 2005 and is your ACRL member of the week for May 13, 2013.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Caring, innovative, creative.
2. What are you reading right now (or listening to on your mobile device)? I am reading Tik Tok of Oz by L. Frank Baum to my 10-year-old son along with Building and Managing E-Book Collections, edited by Richard Kaplan, for my own professional interests.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Exciting, helpful, authoritative.
4. What do you value about ACRL? ACRL provides unparalleled opportunities for networking and professional development.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? As an academic librarian working in acquisitions, I contribute to the library by selecting and purchasing new collections of ebooks and print titles for the collection. I have noticed that the students at Southeastern Louisiana University are studious and intellectually curious, and really use our library resources. I feel like I am contributing to their education in a very tangible and fundamental way.
6. In your own words: Although I don’t work in a public service area, I enjoy working in an academic library and being surrounded by students and faculty. I am also fortunate to be able to work with exceptional colleagues, who help to make my career interesting and enjoyable.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.