Member of the Week: Holli (Beckmann) Duggan
Holli (Beckmann) Duggan works in Access Services at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln in Lincoln, Nebraska. Holli has been an ACRL member since 2012, is a 2013 ALA Emerging Leader, and your ACRL member of the week for April 15, 2013.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Optimistic, Driven, Inquisitive.
2. What are you reading right now (or listening to on your mobile device)? I’m in the middle of rereading A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin and just started The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (plus a handful more).
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Information, Communication, Research.
4. What do you value about ACRL? As a student, I really valued ACRL’s wealth of information. I used many of the ACRL’s sites to access different resources and news about different trends and theories. Now, I hope to become more engaged within the organization and profession by taking advantage of some of ACRL’s networking opportunities.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? Curiosity and enthusiasm for new ideas/processes as the information world and the needs of the library/patrons continue to evolve.
6. In your own words: I’ve been working in my current position for two years and just graduated last December, so I’m relatively new to this wonderfully crazy world of librarianship. I’m really excited to be participating in this year’s Emerging Leaders program and learning all sorts of new things.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.