New Immersion Program Track – Practical Management for the Instruction Coordinator
ACRL is pleased to announce its new Immersion track, “Practical Management for the Instruction Coordinator.” Complete program details and registration materials are online. Note that competitive application is not required for this track; simply submit your registration materials by February 22, 2013!
Instruction coordinators are often well-grounded in theory and instruction practice and have some of the tools they need to begin building campus-wide programs. Frequently, however, coordinators or those in similar roles do not supervise the majority of librarians who participate in a library’s instructional program, presenting challenges to the development of innovative and effective programs. This interactive one-day program will address how to lead from within – developing the powers of persuasion to influence in multiple directions. Other topics include creating the right environment for a successful instruction program, understanding a broader campus environment, providing constructive feedback, and coaching for success.
After participating in the Immersion ’13 Practical Management track, you will be able to:
- Open a discussion with appropriate leadership about your role and responsibilities
- Provide influence in multiple directions in order to achieve programmatic goals
- Develop a succinct proposal for administrative consideration
- Understand the critical elements for creating a desired environment
- Understand the potential of information literacy programs in a larger campus context
Dates and location
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The program will be held in conjunction with (but is not part of) the ACRL 2013 Conference.