Apply to become a presenter for the ACRL “Standards for Libraries in Higher Education” workshop
ACRL is accepting applications from prospective new presenters for the workshop “Planning, Assessing, and Communicating Library Impact: Putting the Standards for Libraries in Higher Education into Action.” The day-long workshop is led by one or two expert presenters at locations across the country. The workshop curriculum is designed to support librarians in applying the Standards for Libraries in Higher Education at their institutions. ACRL seeks to expand our pool of presenters by recruiting experienced individuals to join our existing team. Presenters may also be asked to present webcasts or teach online courses.
- Evidence of understanding and/or usage of the Standards for Libraries in Higher Education and their application in libraries.
- Experience developing, facilitating, and leading interactive workshops.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative planning.
- Ability to observe the “Planning, Assessing, and Communicating Library Impact: Putting the Standards for Libraries in Higher Education into Action” workshop held in conjunction with the ACRL 2013 Conference on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 in Indianapolis.
- Ability to present the Standards workshops beginning summer 2013 through summer 2014 (between 2-4 workshops during the time span).
- Experience working in academic or research libraries
- Background in assessment and/or benchmarking.
- Demonstrated understanding and engagement of campus-wide planning.
- Ability to deliver effective live webcasts in an interactive, online classroom environment.
We encourage applications from individuals representing the full array of professional areas and services in academic and research librarianship.
New presenters will gain experience by shadowing experienced presenters and team-teaching a section or assignment before taking a leading role. The workshop curriculum has been designed and presented in a variety of settings. There may be occasional need to refresh the curriculum; new presenters would be expected to participate in these curriculum updates. Presenters may need to participate in planning calls and/or in-person meetings held in conjunction with the ALA Midwinter and/or Annual Conference. ACRL will reimburse the presenters for travel costs for workshop presentation to include flights, hotel, ground transportation, and per diem for meals. ACRL provides a modest honorarium to experienced presenters.
How to apply
To apply, please prepare the following materials. Applications must be submitted electronically as a single PDF document that includes:
- A statement addressing the following questions (two pages max for all). Please use examples of your instructional experiences in your response including links to teaching materials, videos, etc.:
- Why do you want to become a presenter for ACRL’s Standards for Libraries in Higher Education workshops?
- What contributions could you make to the presenter team that align with the qualifications?
- Are there relevant experiences of which you would like us to be aware?
- Your resume.
- The names and contact information for two references who have direct knowledge of your experience and expertise.
The single PDF application must submitted via email by 5 p.m. Central on Friday, December 14, 2012, to Margot Conahan, ACRL Manager of Professional Development, at email@example.com.
ACRL has formed a small review team, separate from the current presenters, to consider applications and conduct telephone interviews. The group will select new presenters for 2013 and notify all applicants by February 8, 2013.