Mark McBride is Coordinator of Library Instruction at the Buffalo State College E. H. Butler Library in Buffalo, NY. Mark has been an ACRL member since 2009 and is your ACRL member of the week for October 1, 2012.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Creative, collegial, leader.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Collaboration, leadership, committed.
4. What do you value most about ACRL? It is a great organization to connect with fellow professionals and has helped me develop as a faculty librarian. At my first ACRL conference I was truly impressed by the number of colleagues who are so passionate and so committed to improving the education experience for the students on their campus. It was inspiring.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? On every campus I visit I am guaranteed that if I want to find state a group of people always on the cutting edge of technology and scholarship I will discover them inside an academic library. We are the group of academics on each campus that is always out front exploring how we can improve our campus community.
6. In your own words: I love my job because I am constantly exploring and discovering.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.