Member of the Week: Deirdre Rawls
Deirdre Rawls is Branch Library Coordinator at the Orland Park Campus of Robert Morris University in Orland Park, IL. Deidre has been an ACRL member since 2012 and is your ACRL member of the week for September 24, 2012.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Intuitive, resolute, conscientious.
2. What are you reading right now? I am currently reading Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School by Dr. John Medina.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Visionary, dynamic, responsible.
4. What do you value most about ACRL? As I move toward expanding my professional realm, ACRL has been integral in providing conferences, online courses, and many other venues that have exposed me to new people and networks for success.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? I value working with diverse groups and supporting learning by teaching information retrieval skills to students.
6. In your own words: I am really looking forward to the changes in the field. I think the digital age will make libraries more responsive to users.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.