ACRL is offering 70 scholarships in five categories worth more than $40,000 for the upcoming ACRL 2013 conference to be held April 10-13, 2013, in Indianapolis. Applications for scholarships in all categories are due Nov. 9, 2012. Complete details on each scholarship category and application instructions are available on the ACRL 2013 website.
ACRL 2013 scholarship categories are:
- Librarian Scholarships – provide opportunities for librarians with five or fewer years of post-MLS experience to update their skills and knowledge.
- Support Staff Scholarships – provide opportunities for library support staff to attend the premier event for academic and research libraries.
- Student Scholarships – provide opportunities for library school students to learn more about current issues and developments in academic and research libraries.
- Spectrum Scholar Travel Grants – provide opportunities for Spectrum Scholars to attend the ACRL conference for professional development and networking with colleagues or mentors through the ACRL Dr. E.J. Josey Spectrum Scholar Mentor Program.
- Virtual Conference Scholarships – provide unique opportunities for collaboration, learning and networking online.
Offered biennially, the ACRL conference is the premier event for academic libraries, drawing librarians, library support staff and library vendors from across the country and around the world. Complete details and registration materials are available online. Register now through Feb. 22, 2013, to save $70 with the early bird member discount.
For more information, contact ACRL Conference Supervisor Tory Ondrla at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 280-2515.