Member of the Week: Carla J. Stoffle
Carla J. Stoffle is Dean of University Libraries at the University of Arizona in Tucson. Carla has been an ACRL member since 1986, is the recipient of the 2012 ALA Joseph W. Lippincott Award, and is your ACRL member of the week.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Hardworking strategic thinker.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Colleagues, friends, community.
4. Why do you value most about ACRL? We benefit from the programs and access to colleagues that ACRL provides, and by participating in ACRL, we get the chance to influence the direction of the profession.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? I value the opportunity to encourage professional development and to support library staff in implementing what they know is best for students and faculty. This means empowering staff to be creative and take risks in serving campus needs.
6. In your own words: My philosophy has always been, “what more can we do?” I have never gotten bored.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.