ACRL Council of Independent Colleges Liaison Wanted
The ACRL College Libraries Section (CLS) is currently seeking applications to serve a three-year term (July 2012- July 2015) as the ACRL liaison to the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC). Liaisons are responsible for outreach, education, and communication between CIC and ACRL in order to form strong relationships and advance the interests of ACRL and CLS.
About the Council of Independent Colleges
CIC is the major national service organization for all small and mid-sized, independent, liberal arts colleges and universities in the U.S. CIC focuses on providing services to campus leaders through seminars, workshops, and programs that assist institutions in improving educational offerings, administrative and financial performance, and institutional visibility.
CIC’s goal is to advance independent higher education and its leadership through:
- Serving independent colleges and universities;
- Connecting the leaders of private liberal arts colleges and universities;
- Promoting high-quality education;
- Making the Case for independent higher education;
- Fostering institutional effectiveness;
- Forming collaborations to create and strengthen programs;
- Supporting independent colleges through State Fund Members;
- Listening to institutional leaders.
For information on CIC liaison activities, please contact the current CIC liaison, Susan Barnes Whyte, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applications: June 15, 2012
Nominees must submit:
– A letter of application articulating qualifications to Douglas Lehman at email@example.com
– A current vita
- Current member of CLS and ACRL
- Applicant’s institution must be a member of Council of Independent Colleges
- Experience with outreach to faculty and administration members
- Experience with information literacy teaching
- Interest in coordinating activities to increase interaction between CIC and ACRL
- Financial support to attend CIC Annual events for the length of the three-year term if not funded by ACRL (Note: ACRL can guarantee some basic funding)
- Experience with or interest in outreach and education efforts
- Excellent communication skills
– Record of serving CLS and/or ACRL on committees, task forces, etc.
Selection Process Timeline
– June 15 — June 30, 2012: CLS Executive Committee reviews submitted applications.
– July 1: CLS Executive Committee contacts successful candidate.