Member of the Week: Kristin Henrich
1. Describe yourself in three words: Interested, curious, collaborative.
2. What are you reading right now? Douglas Thomas and John Seely Brown’s A New Culture of Learning.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Engaged, supportive, proactive.
4. Why do you value most about ACRL? There are so many ways to be involved. I really value the opportunities for distance learning through webcasts, being in a pretty geographically isolated academic community. I never miss the biennial conferences; there are so many learning opportunities and ways to connect with past colleagues and potential future collaborators. This year I’ve also enjoyed serving on the ACRL 2013 Panel Session Committee, which has been a great way to learn about committee work and what goes into making conferences happen.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? The opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives, whether that’s through an instruction session or interacting at the reference desk. Our profession’s dedication to lifelong learning; I love that I get to learn new things every day.
6. In your own words: I’m lucky to be doing the work I love!
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.