Member of the Week: Suzanne E. Thorin
1. Describe yourself in three words: Lots of enthusiasm.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Knowing what’s happening.
4. Why do you value most about ACRL? Colleagues.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? Everything! Faculty, students, research, buildings, collections . . .
6. In your own words: My early career as a music librarian helped instill my love of special collections and the wonders they have to offer. I am energized by the intellectual effort and variety of my work — no two days are ever the same. I also have a deep appreciation and respect for the work that librarians do to connect the library to users — faculty, students, visiting researchers, and others — and engage with them to envision new models and approaches for the future of research and scholarship.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.