Member of the Week: Melissa Jadlos
1. Describe yourself in three words: Optimistic, inquisitive, compassionate.
2. What are you reading right now (or listening to on your iPod?)? To clear my head and start the day in a great mood, I’m listening to NPR’s “Wait! Wait! Don’t Tell Me” on my iPod and reading historical fiction either in print or my Kindle app.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Supportive, instructive, fun!
4. Why do you value most about ACRL? ACRL provides many opportunities to learn new skills and interact with colleagues across the country.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? I love working in an environment where I have the opportunity to teach as well as learn so many different things. Last week, I listened to a Pulitzer prize winning author talk about her work and then listened to local musicians play in the campus cafÃ©.
6. In your own words: For me, life as an academic librarian is all about new beginnings and new challenges. Every semester is a new opportunity. If it doesn’t work, you can try something new the next time around.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.