Member of the Week: Joshua Finnell
1. Describe yourself in three words: Idealistic. Inquisitive. Persistent.
2. What are you reading right now? Matthew K. Gold, Debates in the Digital Humanities.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Ooh La La.
4. Why do you value most about ACRL? The ability to find collaborators, and also commiserate, across the multiple discussion and interest groups.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? The challenge of making the impossible possible, every day.
6. In your own words: I thoroughly enjoy the collaborative journey of research, whether it involves helping a student focus a research question or assisting a faculty member in tracking down obscure newspapers from the 19th century. At the same time, with equal measure I value the ability to contribute to several academic disciplines through my own research and publications. Effectively managing, evaluating, preserving, and questioning the evolving record of human knowledge is a challenge and a privilege.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.