Meet the Candidates: Marilyn N. Ochoa
Editor’s Note: The ACRL Member of the Week feature is taking a brief hiatus so we can profile the 2012 ACRL Board of Directors candidates. We’ll feature one candidate a day from March 12 – 19 in the order they appear on the ballot. Complete details on candidates for ACRL offices are available on the election website. Make sure to vote for the candidates of your choice starting March 19. Member of the Week will return on March 26.
Marilyn N. Ochoa is Assistant Head of the Education Library at the University of Florida in Gainesville. Marilyn has been an ACRL member since 2001 and is a 2012 candidate for the ACRL Board of Directors as Director-at-Large.
1. Describe yourself in three words: Enthusiastic, focused, flexible.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Supportive, community, collaborative.
4. Why do you value most about ACRL? ACRL provides members the resources to participate in advocacy and collaboration efforts aimed to support and increase our value in higher education; such opportunities and resources include the liaisons program and the annual legislative agenda. ACRL also affords its members opportunities for professional development.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? Academic librarians contribute to the teaching and learning process on multiple levels. We provide access to information, but also teach how to find, evaluate and use information. To share in the development of lifelong learning is an honor and privilege.
6. In your own words: I am continuously learning.