Member of the Week: Minhao Jiang
1. Describe yourself in three words: Analytic, goal-driven, self-growing.
2. What are you reading (or listening to on your mobile device)? I am reading Calculus: Early Transcendentals by James Stewart, a classic calculus book, for my Calculus III class. I also listen to piano music for higher working efficiency.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Developmental, established, multicultural.
4. What do you value about ACRL? ACRL periodically offers professional programs of high quality. I finished the data management online course and got the certificate. At the same time, the organization values engaging members in such initiatives. I, myself, serve as a member of the ACRL/ULS Technology in University Libraries Committee. I coordinated one webinar that just took place last week.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? I maintain existing and develop new applications, contributing to the Wayne State University library system’s digital initiatives. I also research and explore new technologies and ideas for better online library experiences.
6. In your own words: Working as an academic librarian is awesome! I have been taking mathematics classes at the university, to fulfill my intellectual curiosity and to know the larger community. Besides, I, as a software development librarian, learn and thrive with technologies, which are constantly evolving.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.