Organizational Member Spotlight – University of Utah
The J. Willard Marriott Library at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah joined ACRL in 1986 and has been an organizational member of ACRL for 32 years. We are proud to feature the J. Willard Marriott Library.
1. Describe your library in 3 words: All U Need.
2. Describe ACRL in three words: A trusted resource.
4. What does your library (as an organizational member) value about ACRL? In keeping with the University of Utah’s core priorities, the Marriott Library is devoted to supporting students with whatever services and collections they currently need. Whether it be providing traditional reference guidance for freshmen just getting their feet wet or purchasing the latest gaming software for those students in the Entertainment Arts & Engineering program, the Marriott’s Library’s priority is to “think outside the box” to help students succeed.
5. What value does your library contribute to your campus? We value the ACRL community and appreciate opportunities to learn and connect with members at conferences and through useful discussion lists.
6. In your own words: Academic libraries today are uniquely positioned to make an impact on campus. While the scholarly environment is under constant technological change, opportunity abounds for libraries to take part in publishing and also provide author services. At the same time, academic libraries have the distinct ability to rise to the ever-changing information and scholarship demands of both students and faculty across all disciplines.
Editor’s Note: Is your library an ACRL organizational member? Would you like to be featured in our Organizational Member Spotlight feature? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.