APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: Call for Presenters – “Engaging with the ACRL Framework” Workshop
The application deadline to become a presenter for the new Engaging with the ACRL Framework workshop has been extended to 5 p.m. Central, Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
ACRL is accepting applications from prospective presenters for its newest licensed workshop Engaging with the ACRL Framework: A Catalyst for Exploring and Expanding Our Teaching Practices, which will be launched early this summer. Generally offered as a day-long workshop led by two presenters, this workshop joins the slate of ACRL’s other licensed workshops that can be scheduled upon request from libraries, consortia, and other groups. In addition to the in-person workshop, the presenter team will be involved in virtual programming through ACRL’s e-Learning program and other delivery modes.
The original team of three curriculum designer/presenters will be expanded by recruiting and mentoring at least three new presenters for the launch of this new workshop.
- Evidence of understanding and use of the Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education in your instruction practice, including the underlying theories of Understanding by Design, threshold concepts, and metaliteracy.
- Experience in designing, developing, facilitating, and leading interactive workshops and other professional development offerings.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative planning and teamwork.
- Experience working in information literacy instruction in academic libraries.
- Background in instructional design.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and engagement in information literacy in a higher education context.
- Ability to deliver effective interactive online instruction and professional development offerings in synchronous and asynchronous environments.
Successful members of the presenter team must be:
- Available to attend one workshop in summer 2017 in order to shadow current presenters prior to co-presenting.
- Available to present the Framework workshops and online offerings during the year. These can include in-person licensed workshops, eLearning courses and webinars, and pre-conferences.
The workshop content is dynamic and evolving, and the new presenters will participate in shaping the curriculum as a collegial partner with the current presenters. Serving as a member of the presenter team involves participating in regular planning calls, design meetings, participating in all segments of assigned workshops, and development of materials, exercises and presentations as needed.
The new presenters will gain experience by shadowing experienced presenters for one workshop and then team-teach as a presenter (for an average of two workshops per year, depending on demand and scheduling). ACRL will reimburse the new presenters for travel costs for shadowing one workshop (flights, hotel, ground transportation, and per diem for meals). Thereafter, ACRL will reimburse for travel costs and provide an honorarium for workshops presented.
To apply, please prepare the following materials. Applications must be submitted electronically as a single PDF document that includes:
- A statement addressing the following questions (two pages max for all):
a. Why do you want to become a presenter for ACRL’s Framework workshop and what can you contribute?
b. How have you incorporated the Framework into your instruction?
c. How does your understanding and use of the underlying theories of the Framework (Understanding by Design, threshold concepts, and metaliteracy) affect your instructional design and teaching?
d. Describe your experience (individually and/or as part of a team) in designing and delivering interactive workshops and other professional development offerings, both in person and virtually.
- Please provide examples of your teaching/training experiences, with links to instructional materials, videos, etc., that demonstrate your abilities as a teacher.
- Your resume or C.V.
- The names and contact information for 2 references who have direct knowledge of your relevant experience and expertise.
The single PDF application must submitted via email by 5 p.m. Central on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, to Tish Hayes, ACRL Framework Advisory Board Interim Co-Chair, at hayesL45@morainevalley.edu.
A selection committee with representatives from the ACRL Framework Advisory Board, the Framework Curriculum Design Team, and the ACRL Student Learning and Information Literacy Committee will consider applications and conduct telephone interviews. It is anticipated that additional presenters will be selected before the end of June.
If you have any questions, please contact Chase Ollis, ACRL Program Officer, email@example.com, 312.280.2521, or Tish Hayes, ACRL Framework Advisory Board Interim Co-Chair, hayesL45@morainevalley.edu, 708.974.5734.