Spring 2017 ACRL-Choice Webinars
ACRL-Choice webinars connect academic and research librarians with content and service providers, publishers, authors, and other experts. Since the launch of the program in 2013, thousands of participants have attended these free interactive webinars, with topics ranging from using social media to build library communities and the latest reference databases to open access.
The ACRL-Choice webinar series is an ongoing program, offering dozens of presentations each academic year. This spring, the webinar program presents a wide variety of subjects and experts; see below for the programs and links to register.
- March 9, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “Strategies and Enhancements for Interdisciplinary Research” with Caitlin Beddows, Channel Marketing Manager for Elsevier, and Dr. Elaine Reynolds, Associate Professor of Biology and Neuroscience, Lafayette College, sponsored by Elsevier; click here to register.
- March 16, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “From Shelf to Online Repository—Creating a Collaborative Teaching and Research Collection” with Katrina M. Sanders – Associate Professor, College of Education, University of Iowa, Chianta Dorsey – Reference Archivist, Amistad Research Center, New Orleans, and Sophie Heath – Production Editor, Adam Matthew Digital, sponsored by Adam Matthew Digital; click here to register.
- March 28, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “How Does the Past Inform Today? Key Primary Source Collections for Research in Social Movements” with Thomas Dublin – Bartle Distinguished Professor, Department of History, State University of New York at Binghamton, Kathryn Sklar – Distinguished Professor of History, Emerita, State University of New York at Binghamton, and Daniel Lewis – Senior Product Manager, ProQuest, sponsored by ProQuest; click here to register.
- March 29, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “Exploring Data Visualization Approaches to Enhance Student Engagement” with Anselm Spoerri – Lecturer/Assistant Professor, School of Communication and Information, Rutgers University, sponsored by McGraw-Hill Education; click here to register.
- April 6, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “From Video Usage to Engagement to Impact—Charging Ahead” with Kathleen McLellan, Senior Product Manager, David Parker, Senior Vice President of Editorial and Licensing, and Pete Ciufetti, Vice President of Product Development, all of Alexander Street, sponsored by Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company; click here to register.
- April 11, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “Three Keys to Digital Preservation—Management, Technology, and Content” with librarian, administrator, and information technology expert, Edward M. Corrado and Heather Moulaison Sandy – Assistant Professor, iSchool, University of Missouri, sponsored by Rowman & Littlefield; click here to register.
- April 20, 2p.m. Eastern: “Experimental Publishing at the Intersection of Science, Art, and Technology” with Roger Malina, Distinguished Professor of Art and Technology and Professor of Physics, University of Texas, Dallas, and Jon Ippolito, Professor of New Media and Co-director of the Still Water Lab and Digital Curation Program, University of Maine, sponsored by The MIT Press; click here to register.
- April 26, 2p.m. Eastern: “Connect the Library to the Lab” with Gerry Sawchuk, Senior Director, Business, Science, Analytics-Academic, Gale, sponsored by Gale, a Cengage company; click here to register.
- May 2, 2:00p.m. Eastern: “Designing Academic Libraries for Modern Human Behavior” with Jeffrey Hoover of Tappé Architects and Joe S. Agati, a formally trained Industrial Designer with Agati Furniture, sponsored by Tappé Architects and Agati Furniture; click here to register.
ACRL-Choice webinars offer an exceptional way for librarians to learn about new ideas, developments, and products, and to actively participate in discussions with service providers, allowing sponsors to receive unfiltered feedback. Be sure to check out the complete library of ACRL-Choice webinars to date—with more added each month—on the Choice Media Channel.