Member of the Week: Theresa Liedtka
1. Describe yourself in three words: Patron-focused, energetic, progressive.
2. What are you reading right now? I just finished the most recent issue of The New Yorker. I try and read it weekly, but it is hard to keep up.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Useful, engaging, academic.
4. Why did you join ACRL? I was looking for a way to connect with folks in the profession and expand my own knowledge base. My first ACRL engagement was as an intern on the ACRL Copyright Committee.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? We have totally terrific and important jobs. We have the privilege of helping students and faculty discover and use information sources to further their educational and research goals.
6. In your own words: It is a fabulous and fun time to be a librarian; one of our jobs is to keep learning, so we can help others learn. How great is that!
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.