Member of the Week: Colleen S. Mullally
1. Describe yourself in three words: Inquisitive and fully engaged.
2. What are you reading (or listening to on your mobile device)? Recently finished Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions and am about to start in on A More Beautiful Question: The Power of Inquiry to Spark Breakthrough Ideas.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Amazing professional resource.
4. What do you value about ACRL? ACRL has so much as an organization that has helped me develop myself as a librarian. From local and national conferences to online materials to College & Research Libraries News, ACRL has empowered me with relevant information that has shaped my thinking and encouraged me to think differently.
5. What do you, as an academic librarian, contribute to your campus? As assessment librarian, I manage projects and collaborate with groups within and outside of the library to improve the quality of our libraries and promote our value. This academic calendar year, I’ll be applying everything I’ve learned during the Institute for Research Design in Librarianship (IRDL) to carry out a proposal that I’ve developed. My research partner and I will be studying the short and long term effects of embedded librarianship on incoming student athletes’ GPA, information literacy skills, and perceptions of research.
6. In your own words: Being an assessment librarian is a wonderful job for someone who is incurably curious!
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.