ALA is paying for WiFi at McCormick Place during the ALA Conference. So it will be available at no charge in the public areas and meeting rooms in the building and the Hyatt Conference Center (not complimentary at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel, however).
As WiFi systems are not as reliable as wired we received this message from the building you might want to pass on to whomever you think prudent.
The following applications and Internet activities will NOT function and/or may disrupt other attendee and exhibitor access:
- Audio, Video, Data Streaming
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Net Meeting (inbound or outbound)
- Inbound SNMP
- Inbound Remote Control applications (Citrix, PC Anywhere, Remote Terminal Service, etc)
- Routing Devices
- Virtual Private Networks
- Inbound FTP
- Advanced Instant Messaging (such as whiteboard sharing)