Happy Women’s History Month!
To begin the month, we are highlighting International Women’s Day on March 8. The official United Nations theme for International Women’s Day 2014 is “Equality for women is progress for all.” Another theme that sprang from this is “Inspiring change.” Below are some resources and news topics.
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) news feature: “Moving Beyond Stereotypes: A Discussion Honoring International Women’s Day” http://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/2014/wd2014.html
- United Nations pages: http://www.un.org/en/events/womensday/ and https://www.un.org/womenwatch/feature/iwd/
- Women’s Day pages: http://www.internationalwomensday.com/resources.asp and http://www.internationalwomensday.com/
- The Hunger Project: http://www.thp.org/learn_more/news/latest_news/celebrate-international-womens-day-2014
- SheDocs Online Women’s Film Festival: http://itvs.org/women-and-girls-lead/shedocs
- Oxfam America Resources: http://www.oxfamamerica.org/static/media/files/International-Womens-Day-2014-guide-Final.pdf
- American Association of University Women: http://www.aauw.org/
- Women’s History Month resources: http://womenshistorymonth.gov/
How are you celebrating on your campus? What resources have we missed?