The ACRL Women & Gender Studies Section will hold its sixth annual Research Poster Session during our General Membership Meeting at the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago on Saturday, June 29, 2013, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. The forum seeks to provide an opportunity to present newly completed research or work in progress. Both beginning and established researchers are welcome to apply. Participants may receive collaborative feedback and recommendations for future publishing and/or new initiatives.
The potential scope of the topics includes, but is not limited to, teaching methods, instruction, information technology, collection development, interdisciplinarity, and collaboration with academic faculty. For research ideas, see the newly updated Research Agenda for Women and Gender Studies Librarianship.
Applicants chosen to present their work at the poster session are expected to supply presentation materials, including poster boards. Tables for presentation materials will be provided. Attendees at the forum will find an arena for discussion and networking with their colleagues interested in related issues and trends in the profession.
The committee will use a blind peer review process.
1. Significance of the topic. Priority will be given to Women and Gender Studies Studies Section members and/or women and gender studies topics.
2. Originality of the project.
Proposal submission instructions:
1. Proposals should include:
Title of the proposal
Proposal narrative (no more than 2 pages, double spaced)
Name of applicant(s)
Applicant Email address(es), Phone number(s)
Are you a member of the Women & Gender Studies Section?
If you would like to become a member, go to: http://www.libr.org/wgss/join.html
2. NOTE: Submission deadline: March 29, 2013
3. Proposals should be emailed to: Jennifer Gilley, Chair, Research Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. The chair will notify the applicants by April 30, 2013.